Monday, October 29, 2007

Home to Rome


Friday October 12th we pulled into Utica.... my dad came to pick Steve and me up and whisk us to Rome. We met a lot of Bev's family at the Savoy, an Italian restaurant that has been in Rome for as long as I can remember. We had dinner with dad and Bev, Bev's sister Diane and her kids, and Bev's son John and his wife Judy. It was a delicious meal.... then dad took us to RFA where we were going to play our concert. This high school is new, big and beautiful.... but it's not the same building that I went to school in when I went to RFA... Chris Ferarri is also an RFA graduate. It was a nice homecoming. Sara announced us... I especially liked the part where she pointed out that Steve and I are married and that I am his better half! TeeHee. After the concert I got photos with my old junior high band director, Ms. Lab; my old sax teacher, Carol Dumka; my good friend Donna and her daughter and her parents; my good friend Pam and her husband.... and of course my dad, Bev, and her family.

Then we all met up at Applebee's and caught up with each other... talking, laughing, and really enjoying the night. The Steve and I went back to dad's house and did laundry til all hours of the night... or should I say morning!!!!??? I hated to say goodbye!

No comments: