Friday, October 26, 2007

Adventure in Syracuse


We went from Rochester to Syracuse on Tuesday the 9th... my old college buddy, Chris and her daughter Shannon, came to hang with Steve and me at our hotel and get some grub. Later, we met them at the concert site.... the Landmark Theater. It's a really old theater that is beautifully painted in the lobby and has some nice stained glass doors. It was fun having friends in the audience.... they kept smiling at me. At intermission I found out my old sax teacher from high school was there too. We all planned to meet in the lobby after the concert and hang out.


We took photos in the lobby and walked back to the cars. Carol, my former teacher, had Steve walk her to her car, and Chris, Shannon and I walked back to theirs. That's when we were accosted by a tall, thin, young, blackman who had a bandana wrapped around his face. He told us to drop our purses and no one would get hurt. He had a knife! I saw that Chris was trapped against her car with Shannon... she was trying to get Shannon into the car.... I realized I had to be the one to run for help. I took off screaming for help and ran into the road to stop a car.... thank God the person stopped and eventually pulled over to help my friends.... that's when the guy ran away. The man who stopped, happened to be Chris' preacher! God provides! We called the cops. They came and drove us around looking for the guy. We didn't find him. Meanwhile, Steve and Carol were waiting for us at Chris' until I called and let them know we were gonna be late.... we finally all met up at Chris' house and we got a little silly, letting out the anxiety of being mugged! Steve and Carol were happy to see us!

No comments: