Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Love Lucy!

Friday and Saturday Oct 5-6, we were in Jamestown,NY... birthplace of Lucille Ball. Steve, Karen and I went to the Lucy museums and giftshops on Saturday. There's nothing flashy... people talking about when they knew Lucy growing up... letters between Lucy and an old friend talking about life.... some costumes, records, photos, and a set reconstructed to look like the "I love Lucy" set. We weren't allowed to take any photos!



Karen was very excited about the BIG LOTS store! That's one of Karen's favorite stores. We found a few restaurants... I would describe them as the oasis in the desert! Lunch at Timothy's and dinner at Forte's.Too bad Steve and I had to hurry our culinary experience... the restaurant didn't open 'til 5:00 and the bus left at 6:20...not enough time to really relax... but it was still good.

1 comment:

Saxgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.